Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
TC-14 rear view docked inside the Scott Field Airship Hangar with airship TC-11 on 20 February 1936 and showing five-fin tail. The TC-14 was assigned to Scott Field for its entire Army career. It was engaged in research and development work with Scott’s 9th Airship squadron. Several mooring tests were conducted. Experimental items were installed on TC-14, including an automatic pilot for rudder control, an observation platform, and gun mount on top of the envelope.
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.