Chief Master Sergeant Thomas W. Blount is the Command Chief for the 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is the wing’s senior enlisted leader and principal advisor to the commander on matters affecting the health, morale, welfare, readiness, professional development, and effective utilization of more than 3,100 personnel who provide aeromedical evacuation for patients, operational support airlift for high priority passengers, and ensure the nation’s global reach through air refueling. The 375th Air Mobility Wing also provides showcase support to 36 mission partners including United States Transportation Command, Air Mobility Command, and the Eighteenth Air Force, totaling more than 13,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, Department of Defense civilians, and contract personnel.
Chief Blount enlisted in the Air Force in August 1995 as a Liquid Fuels Maintenance Apprentice. Throughout his career, he has served in a myriad of roles within the mission support and operations communities to include Civil Engineering, RED HORSE, Technical Training Instructor, Mission Support Group Superintendent, and Air Expeditionary Group Superintendent. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 461st Air Control Wing, where he was responsible for the mobilization and deployment of Airmen assigned to the E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System and the Deployable Air Traffic Control and Landing System. These missions supported combat operations, special operations missions and humanitarian relief efforts by providing expeditionary airfield capability, airborne command and control, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance to combatant commanders and the intelligence community. He has deployed to provide engineering, communication, logistics, and remote airfield operations support for numerous named contingency operations around the globe.
1995 Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2000 Airman Leadership School, Cannon AFB, N.M.
2001 Associates in Applied Science in Ecological Controls, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Bachelor of Science, Wayland Baptist University
2007 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor Tech/Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2008 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University
2009 Masters in Business Administration/Human Resources, Summa Cum Laude, Touro University
2010 Master & Community College of the Air Force Occupationally Certified Instructor
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Certification in Executive Leadership, Mendoza School of Business, University of Notre Dame
2019 Senior Leader Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala
2020 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, University of North Carolina
2020 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina
2021 Enterprise Perspectives Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. 1995-1998, Trainee, Liquid Fuels Maintenance Apprentice, 354th Civil Engineer Squadron, Eielson, AFB, Alaska
2. 1998-1999 Liquid Fuels Maintenance Journeyman, 8th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kunsan AB, ROK
3. 1999-2002 Liquid Fuels Maintenance Craftsman, 27th Civil Engineer Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
4. 2002-2006 Liquid Fuels Maintenance Craftsman, 354th Civil Engineer Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
5. 2006-2008 Liquid Fuels Maintenance Instructor, 366th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. 2008-2010 Superintendent, Mechanical Training Flight, 366th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
7. 2010-2014 Mechanical Superintendent, 819th RED HORSE Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
8. 2014-2015 Chief, Infrastructure Maintenance, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, ROK
9. 2015-2016 Chief Enlisted Manager, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron Osan AB, Republic of Korea
10. 2016-2017 Squadron Superintendent, 7th Civil Engineer Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
11. 2017-2019 Superintendent, 7th Mission Support Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
12. 2019-2021 Command Chief Master Sergeant, 461st Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. Sep 2021-Present Command Chief Master Sergeant, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with six oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with star
Iraq Campaign Medal with star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
354 FW ORI Outstanding Performer
CES NCO of the Year
819 RHS SNCO of the Year
782 TRG Instructor of the Year
82 TRW SNCO of the Year
9 AF Lance P. Sijan Awd Representative
AETC Civil Engineer Superintendent of the Year
MG Ahearn Enlisted Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant – 1 July 2015
(Current as of October 2021)