Col. Willie L. Cooper is the commander of the 375th Mission Support Group, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, leading six squadrons totaling over 1,800 personnel. The group provides base support services to an installation workforce of nearly 13,000 personnel and 35 tenant units, including United States Transportation Command, Air Mobility Command, Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, 18th Air Force, the Cyberspace Capabilities Center, and the Defense Information Systems Agency Global Operations Command.
Col. Cooper commissioned from the Oﬃcer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, in 1999. His assignments include duties at the Squadron, Wing, Field Operating Agency, Major Command, Headquarters and Office of the Secretary of Defense level. He has deployed in support of contingency operations in both Southwest Asia and Iraq. His Pentagon assignments include duty as the, Chief of Development and Retention for Diversity and Inclusion, Director of the A1 Action Group, and Special Assistant for Personnel Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Prior to his current position, Col. Cooper was the Director of Manpower and Personnel, United States Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Exercise Physiology, Drury University, Springfield, Mo.
2005 Master of Science, Business Administration, University of Phoenix
2006 Squadron Officer School (Top Third Graduate), Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence)
2013 Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2013 Air War College (Correspondence)
2020 Master of National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington D.C. 2021 USAF Leading Strategically Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. August 1999 - September 2000: Squadron Section Commander, 341st Civil Engineer Squadron, 341st Mission Support Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2. September 2000 - August 2002: Squadron Section Commander, 741st Security Forces Squadron, 341st Operations Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. August 2002 - May 2003: Test Control Officer, Chicago Military Entrance Processing Station, United States Entrance Processing Command, Des Plaines, Ill.
4. May 2003 - May 2005: Operations Officer, Chicago Military Entrance Processing Station, United States Military Entrance Processing Command, Des Plaines, Ill.
5. May 2005 - May 2006; Chief, Customer Support, 22d Mission Support Squadron, 22d Mission Support Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
6. May 2006 - August 2007: Wing Executive Officer, 22d Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan.
7. August 2007 - March 2009: Operations Officer, 22d Mission Support Squadron, then 22d Force Support Squadron, 22d Mission Support Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
8. March 2009 - May 2011: Chief, Mobility Air Forces Force Development, Air Force Personnel Center Field Operating Location with duties at Scott AFB, Ill.
9. May 2011 - May 2012: Assistant Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. May 2012 - May 2013: Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
11. May 2013 - June 2014: Commander, 380th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, 380th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Al Dhafra AB, UAE
12. June 2014 - June 2015: Chief, Development and Retention Branch, Directorate of Diversity and Inclusion, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C
13. June 2015 - June 2016: Director, Commander's Action Group, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
14. June 2016 - June 2018: Special Assistant for Personnel Policy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
15. June 2018 – July 2019: Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
16. July 2019 – August 2020: Student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
17. August 2020 – July 2022: Director, Manpower and Personnel, United States Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
18. July 2022 – Present: Commander, 375th Mission Support Group, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with Bronze Star
(Current as of August 2022)