CMSgt. Charles “Chuck” W. Frizzell is the Command Chief for the 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is the wing’s senior enlisted leader and principal advisor to the commander on matters affecting the health, morale, welfare, readiness, professional development, and effective utilization of more than 3,100 personnel who provide aeromedical evacuation for patients, and operational support airlift for high priority passengers and cargo with a fleet of 14 C-21 aircraft.
Assisting the wing in this mission is its Associate Partner, the 932nd Airlift Wing (Reserve), with its four C-40 aircraft. Additionally, the 375th Air Mobility Wing and the Illinois Air National Guard’s 126th Air Refueling Wing are Associate Partners in executing the rapid global mobility mission with eight KC-135 refueling aircraft.
CMSgt Frizzell entered the Air Force in February 1992. He has served in a variety of positions at the squadron, group, wing, and major command levels. His assignments include locations in Colorado, California, Virginia, and Texas. The Chief also served overseas in the Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom, and Japan, and has deployed on multiple occasions in support of Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, and New Dawn. Prior to serving in his current position, he served as the Command Chief for the 59th Medical Wing, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
1996 Airman Leadership School, USAF Academy, Colo.
1997 Associates Degree, Biomedical Equipment Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2004 US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE) Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
2006 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2007 Bachelor of Science, Information Systems Management, University of Maryland University College,
Summa Cum Laude
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Joint Medical Planners Course, Bethesda, Md.
2013 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Senior Leaders Course, University of Tennessee
2014 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, Air Force Medical Service, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2015 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 KEYSTONE, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina
2017 Middle East and South Asia Seminar, Washington D.C.
2017 Senior Enlisted Intelligence Threat Seminar, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington D.C.
2019 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2020 Yellow Belt/Lean 6 Sigma, Gateway Innovation Center, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2020 Master of Arts, Executive Leadership, Liberty University
- February 1992 – March 1992, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
- March 1992 – February 1993, Trainee, Biomedical Equipment Technician Technical School, 396th Medical Training Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- February 1993 – January 1999, Biomedical Equipment Technician, 10th Medical Group, USAF Academy, Colo.
- January 1999 – January 2000, NCOIC Medical Maintenance, 8th Medical Group, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
- January 2000 – June 2002, NCOIC Critical Care Maintenance, 60th Medical Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
- June 2002 – June 2005, Biomedical Equipment Technician, 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, England
(January 2003 – March 2003, Biomedical Equipment Technician, 379th Expeditionary Medical Group, Al Udied AB, Qatar)
- June 2005 – January 2007, NCOIC Medical Maintenance, 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, England
(January 2005 – April 2005, Biomedical Equipment Technician, PMI Center, Ramstein AB, Germany & September 2006 – December 2006, Facility Manager, 379th Expeditionary Medical Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
- January 2007 – January 2008, Superintendent, Medical Equipment Repair Center, 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, England
- February 2008 – June 2008, Medical Logistics Flight Chief, 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, England
- June 2008 – July 2011, Superintendent Biomedical Equipment Maintenance, 633d Medical Group & Air Combat Command 4A2 Functional Manager, Langley AFB, Va.(June 2009 – June 2010, Expeditionary Medical Group Superintendent, Joint Task Force-Civil Support, Fort Monroe, Va. & December 2010 – June 2011, Air Force Liaison, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany)
- August 2011 – June 2014, Superintendent, 382nd Training Squadron, and Air Force Service Lead for the Medical Education and Training Center BMET Training Program, Joint Base San Antonio – Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- June 2014 – July 2015, Superintendent, 374th Medical Group & Interim Command Chief, 374th Airlift Wing, Yokota AB, Japan
- July 2015 – April 2018, Command Chief, 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa AB, Japan
- April 2018 – July 2020, Command Chief, 59th Medical Wing, JBSA - Lackland, Texas
(October 2019 – July 2020, dual-hatted as SAMHS Senior Enlisted Leader, San Antonio, Texas)
- July 2020 – present, Command Chief, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and 22 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster
1994 Below-the-Zone Promotion to Senior Airman
1996 John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School, USAF Academy, CO
1996 Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician, International Certification Commission, VA
2001 Air Mobility Command Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair NCO of the Year
2003 USAFE Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair NCO of the Year
2004 Distinguished Graduate, Kisling NCO Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2005 USAFE Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair Senior NCO of the Year
2007 USAFE Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair Senior NCO of the Year
2007 USAF Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair Senior NCO of the Year
2007 Graduate – Summa Cum Laude – University of Maryland University College
2008 1st Medical Group Senior NCO of the Year
2008 Distinguished Graduate, USAF Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL
2009 Air Combat Command Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair Senior NCO of the Year
2009 USAF Outstanding Biomedical Equipment Repair Senior NCO of the Year
2009 1st Medical Group Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award
2011 24/7 Magazine Outstanding Professional of the Year
2011 TechNation Magazine Professional of the Month (September)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class 5 December 1992
Senior Airman 5 August 1994
Staff Sergeant 1 August 1996
Technical Sergeant 1 July 2001
Master Sergeant 1 June 2005
Senior Master Sergeant 1 February 2009
Chief Master Sergeant 1 December 2011
(Current as of August 2020)