Colonel Angela Ochoa is the Vice Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. She leads more than 3,100 personnel who provide aeromedical evacuation for patients, and operational support airlift for high priority passengers and cargo with a fleet of 14 C-21 aircraft. Assisting the wing in this mission is its Associate Partner, the 932nd Airlift Wing (Reserve), with its four C-40 aircraft. Additionally, the 375th Air Mobility Wing and the Illinois Air National Guard’s 126th Air Refueling Wing are Associate Partners in executing the rapid global mobility mission with eight KC-135 refueling aircraft.
The 375th Air Mobility Wing also provides showcase support to 36 mission partners including United States Transportation Command, Air Mobility Command, and the Eighteenth Air Force, totaling more than 13,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, Department of Defense civilians, and contract personnel making Scott a Total Force installation.
During her career, Colonel Ochoa has flown in Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Resolute Support, Freedom’s Sentinel, and Volant Shogun. She served as a Joint Strategic Planner, Joint Exercises and Training Division, Directorate for Joint Force Development, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C. Colonel Ochoa served as an Air Force Fellow in the McConn Public Policy Internship at the McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University, Washington D.C. Prior to this assignment, she served as the advisor to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, for senior leader management within the command.
2001 Bachelor of Science in Biology, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Master of Science in Exercise Science, California University of Pennsylvania, California, Pa.
2011 Air Command and Staff College (Distance Learning)
2014 Master of Policy Management, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2020 Air War College (Distance Learning)
- January 2002 – September 2002, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
- September 2002 – February 2003, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, NAS Corpus Christi, Texas
- September 2003 – January 2007, Aircraft Commander, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska.
- January 2007 - May 2011, Wing Executive Officer, Evaluator Pilot, 50th Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
- May 2011 – May 2013, Joint Strategic Planner, Joint Staff J-7, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- May 2013 – May 2014, Air Force Fellow, McConn Public Policy Internship, McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- May 2015 – June 2016, Chief of Safety, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
- June 2016 – April 2018, Commander, 61st Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark., and deployed as Commander, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
- May 2018 – April 2020, Chief of Senior Leader Management, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
- May 2020 – Present, Vice Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and five oak leaf clusters
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 2,800
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-44, C-130E/H1/H3, and C-130J
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 30 May 2001
First Lieutenant 30 May 2003
Captain 30 May 2005
Major 1 February 2011
Lieutenant Colonel 1 February 2015
Colonel 1 February 2020
(Current as of August 2020)