Colonel Jeremiah “Scot” Heathman is the Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. He leads more than 3,100 personnel who provide aeromedical evacuation for patients, and operational support airlift for high priority passengers and cargo with a fleet of 14 C-21 aircraft. Assisting the wing in this mission is its Assoc iate Partner, the 932nd Airlift Wing (Reserve), with its four C-40 aircraft. Additionally, the 375th Air Mobility Wing and the Illinois Air National Guard’s 126th Air Refueling Wing are Associate Partners in executing the rapid global mobility mission with eight KC-135 refueling aircraft.
The 375th Air Mobility Wing also provides showcase support to 36 mission partners including United States Transportation Command, Air Mobility Command, and the Eighteenth Air Force, totaling more than 13,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, Department of Defense civilians, and contract personnel making Scott a Total Force installation.
Prior to his command, Colonel Heathman served as vice commander at Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash. He also served at Scott AFB as Division Chief, Senior Leader Management at Air Mobility Command. He also commanded the 64th Air Refueling Squadron— a KC-135 Active Associate unit located at Pease Air National Guard Base in Portsmouth, N.H. His career encapsulates numerous leadership roles and several key operational and staff positions at the Squadron, Group, Wing, Major Command and Joint Staff levels.
1997 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Ill.
2003 Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Master of Arts, Organizational Leadership, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Wash.
2007 Graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence Course
2009 Graduate, Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2010 Masters of Operational Art & Science, School of Advanced Military Studies, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
2013 Graduate, Air War College, Correspondence Course
2017 Masters of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, College of Naval Warfare, Newport, R.I.
2018 Transnational Issues: A Political-Economic Conflict Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C.
2018 Graduate, Singularity University Executive program, Mountain View, Calif.
2018 Graduate, Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. May 1997 – May 1998, Squadron Executive Officer, 394th Combat Training Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2. May 1998 – May 1999, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. September 1999 – January 2002, Executive Officer & Chief of Scheduling, 97th Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. September 2002 – July 2003, Wing Executive Officer, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
5. July 2003 – July 2004, Readiness Flight Commander, 97th ARS, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
6. July 2004 – April 2006, Assistant Operations Officer, 16th Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. April 2006 – November 2007, Chief Command Post, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
8. November 2007 – June 2008, Special Assistant to the Commander, 437th Operations Group, Charleston AFB, S.C.
9. July 2008 – June 2009, Student, Army Command & General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
10. July 2009 – June 2010, Student, Army School of Advanced Military Studies, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
11. July 2010 – October 2011, Politico-Military Planner, Iraq Division, Joint Staff J5, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. October 2011 – June 2012, Executive Assistant to the Vice Director, Joint Staff J5, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2012 – February 2013, Assistant Ops Officer, 64th Air Refueling Squadron, Pease ANGB, N.H.
14. February 2013 – June 2014, Commander, 64th Air Refueling Squadron (Active Associate), Pease ANGB, N.H.
15. June 2014 – June 2016, Chief, Senior Leader Management, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. July 2016 – July 2017, Student, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
17. July 2017 – June 2019, Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
18. June 2019 – present, Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2010 – October 2011, Politico-Military Planner, Iraq Division, Joint Staff (J5), Pentagon,
2. October 2011 – June 2012, Executive Assistant to the Vice Director, Joint Staff (J5), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: Over 2,650
Aircraft Flown: T-37B, T-1A, KC-135R, KC-135T, C-17A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
New Hampshire National Guard Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 16, 1997
First Lieutenant May 16, 1999
Captain May 16, 2001
Major Nov. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 1, 2012
Colonel May 1, 2017
(Current as of August 2020)