Colonel Patrick J. Gooley is the commander, 375th Communications Group, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. He leads 650 personnel in two squadrons, the 375th Communications Support Squadron and the 375th Communications Squadron, and a direct reporting Plans and Programs Flight. Colonel Gooley is responsible for providing U.S. Transportation Command, Air Mobility Command, Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command,18th Air Force and the 375th Air Mobility Wing with innovative, mission-enabling communications and information capabilities to the global reach mission. His personnel operate and manage a Communications Coordination Center, supporting mission-critical computer networks servicing more than 85,000 user accounts. They create and maintain mission-specific software applications used by mobility forces and manage resources valued in excess of $1 billion.
Colonel Gooley graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1989. His previous assignment was as the Deputy Director of Network Services at Headquarters Defense Information Systems Agency at Fort Meade, Md.
1989 Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1989 Basic Communications Computer Science Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1993 Master of Science in Business Administration, Russell Sage College, Troy, N.Y.
1996 Advanced Communications Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1996 Squadron Officer School, in residence and by correspondence
2001 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2003 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2008 Air War College, by correspondence.
1. August 1989 - November 1989, Student, Basic Communication-Electronics Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2. December 1989 - August 1993, Chief, Combat Crew Communications and Chief of Operations, 380th Communications Squadron, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
3. September 1993 - March 1997, Chief of Maintenance, 4th Space Warning Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
4. April 1997 - April 1999, Instructor, Air Force Communications Officer Traning, 333rd Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
5. May 1999 - May 2001, Chief, Information Technology Implementation Branch, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein, Germany
6. May 2001 - June 2003, Commander, Detachment 1, 338th Training Squadron, Fort Gordon, Ga.
7. July 2003 - September 2003, Student, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
8. October 2003 - May 2006, Chief, Information Assurance Operations Branch and Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany
9. June 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 6th Communications Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
10. August 2008 - July 2009, Director of Communications and Iraqi air force A6 Lead Advisor, Coalition Air Forces Training Team/321st Air Expeditionary Wing, Camp Phoenix, Baghdad, Iraq
11. September 2009 - July 2010, Deputy Commander, 6th Mission Support Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. August 2010 - June 2011, Deputy Director, Network Services, Headquarters Defense Information Systems Agency, Fort Meade, Md.
13. July 2011 - present, Commander, 375th Communications Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Medial with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major Oct. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2005
Colonel Jan. 1, 2011
(Current as of July 2011)