Colonel John F. Price, Jr., is Vice Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. The 375 AMW provides base support services to 30 tenant units including United States Transportation Command, Air Mobility Command, Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, 18th Air Force, Air Force Network Integration Center, Defense Information Systems Agency and Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization.
There are two associate partners at Scott. The Air Force Reserve's 932nd Airlift Wing flies C-40 aircraft supporting military and civilian distinguished airlift missions. The Illinois Air National Guard's 126th Air Refueling Wing flies KC-135 aircraft in support of the nation's mobility mission.
The 375th AMW provides operational support airlift throughout the continental United States with a fleet of 18 C-21 aircraft located at Scott, Andrews, and Peterson Air Force Bases. The wing's motto, "Help From Above," signifies the critical capability provided by the unit's aeromedical evacuation forces. Scott Air Force Base is a total force installation with more than 13,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, Department of Defense civilians, and contract personnel assigned.
Colonel Price is a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. A command pilot with more than 3,200 flight hours, Colonel Price has flown the T-37, T-38, KC-135, C-17, and C-40 including over 630 combat hours on over 150 combat missions in support of multiple operations in Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Haiti. Colonel Price served as Commander of the Bully Beef Express, 6th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey, and Commander, 817th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey. Prior to his current position, Colonel Price served as Chief, Distribution Capabilities Branch, Logistics Directorate (J4), Joint Staff at the Pentagon.
1993 Distinguished Graduate, Bachelor of Science in Political Science, U.S. Air Force Academy,
Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1999 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Master of Arts in Management, Regent University, Virginia Beach, Va.
2002 Master of Arts in Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington D.C.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 Master of Science in Joint Campaign Planning and Strategy, Joint Advanced Warfighting School,
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 National Defense Fellowship, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
2012 Advanced Course in Logistics and Technology, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. August 1993 - July 1995, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. July 1995 - September 1996, Third Pilot, KC-135R, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. September 1996 - June 1998, Pilot, KC-135R, MacDill AFB, Fla.
4. June 1998 - June 2000, IP, KC-135R/Executive Officer, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
5. June 2000 - June 2002, Air Force Intern, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. June 2002 - June 2005, IP, C-17A, Assistant Director of Operations and Chief, Wing Commander's Action Group, McChord AFB, Wash.
7. July 2005 - June 2006, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Norfolk, Va.
8. July 2006 - June 2008, Strategic Planner, U.S. Pacific Command J5, Camp Smith, Hawaii
9. July 2008 - June 2010, Commander, 6th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. and Commander, 817th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
10. July 2010 - June 2011, National Defense Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, Massachussetts
11. July 2011 - July 2012, Chief, Distribution Capabilities Branch, Logistics Directorate (J4), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2012 - Present, Vice Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3200
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, KC-135R/T, C-17A, C-40C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Military Officers' Association Campaign Planner Award, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, 2006
Airlift/Tanker Association Young Leadership Award winner, 2000
Air Mobility Command Company Grade Officer of the Year, 1999
Commandant's Trophy, #1 Graduate Class 99-B, Squadron Officer School, 1999
Defense Meritorious Service Medal, one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal, three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal, three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal, two oak leaf clusters
Joint Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1993
First Lieutenant June 2, 1995
Captain June 2, 1997
Major Aug. 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2007
Colonel June 1, 2012
(current as of July 2012)