Chief Master Sergeant Marty Anderson is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 375th Air Mobility Wing, at Scott Air Force Base, Ill. He serves as the wing's senior enlisted leader and principal advisor to the commander on matters health, welfare and morale, readiness, professional development, and effective utilization of the wing's 2,500 enlisted Airmen performing 18,000 airlift operation hours for Air Mobility Command's fleet of 20 C-21 aircraft, aeromedical evacuation of more than 1,400 Department of Defense patients, and the airlift of more than 2,200 key congressional and military leaders annually.
Chief Anderson was born in El Paso, Texas, but was raised in Council Bluffs, Iowa. He enlisted in the Air Force in October 1986 as a Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Apprentice. During his career he was assigned various duty positions within the PMEL career field: PMEL Section Supervisor, PMEL Production Supervisor, PMEL Total Quality Manager, Test Measurement Diagnostic and Equipment (TMDE) Flight Chief. He also completed a 4-year controlled tour as a Professional Military Education instructor and a 1-year tour as the Nellis Airman Center Superintendent. He has served in Pacific Air Force Command, Air Mobility Command, Air Combat Command, Air Education Command and Air Force Global Strike Command. He has deployed to Saudi Arabia in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH and Al Dhafra Air Base, United of Emirates, in support of Operations ENDURING and IRAQ FREEDOM.
1991 22nd Air Force NCO Leadership School, Travis AFB, Calif.
1992 US Air Force Air University Academic Instructor School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Associate in Applied Science, Electronic Systems Technology, CCAF
1994 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology/Military Science, CCAF
1999 Air Education and Training Command NCO Academy, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2003 US Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 US Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Gunter Air Station, Ala.
2004 Associate in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, CCAF
2009 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2010 AFSO21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tn.
2010 Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
1. October 1986 - December 1986, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. December 1986 - September 1987, student, PMEL Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. September 1987 - September 1990, PMEL Apprentice, 18th Component Repair Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa Japan
4. October 1990 - October 1992, PMEL Journeyman, 60th Component Repair Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. October 1992 - October 1996, Professional Military Education Instructor, 60th Mission Support Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. October 1996 - October 1997, PMEL Production Supervisor, 60th Component Repair Squadron Travis AFB, Calif.
7. October 1997 - October 1998, TMDE Total Quality Manager, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan AB, South Korea
8. October 1998 - February 1999, PMEL Section Supervisor, 57th Component Repair Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. February 1999 - December 1999, Nellis Airman Center Superintendent, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. December 1999 - June 2001, TMDE Total Quality Manager, 57th Component Repair Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. June 2001 - September 2002, TMDE Flight Chief, 57th Component Repair Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
12. September 2002 - March 2003, First Sergeant, 57th Maintenance Operation Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
13. March 2003 - July 2005, First Sergeant, 14th Medical Group, Columbus AFB, Miss.
14. July 2005 - December 2005, First Sergeant, 14th Security Forces Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
15. December 2005 - November 2007, Firs Sergeant, 5th Civil Engineer Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
16. November 2007 - July 2008, First Sergeant, 5th Munitions Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
17. July 2008- November 2009, First Sergeant, 366th Component Maintenance Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
18. November 2009 - February 2010, Superintendent, 366th Mission Support Group, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
19. March 2010 - March 2012, Command Chief, 90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
20. March 2012-Present, Command Chief, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
1990 18th Component Repair Squadron and 18th Tactical Fighter Wing Airman of the Quarter
1991 60th Component Repair Squadron NCO of the Quarter and 60th Air Mobility Wing Maintenance Professional
1993 60th Mission Support Squadron and 60th Air Mobility Wing NCO of the Quarter
1993 60th Mission Support Squadron NCO of the Year
1996 Promoted to Technical Sergeant through the Stripes for Exceptional Performers
1997 8th Maintenance Squadron and 8th Logistics Group NCO of the Quarter
1997 8th Fighter Wing's Lance P. Sijan Award nominee
1998 57th Component Repair Squadron NCO of the Quarter
1999 Kirtland NCO Academy Class Distinguished Graduate and John L. Levitow Award Winner
1999 57th Wing NCO of the Year
2001 57th Wing and Installation SNCO of the Quarter
2001 57th Wing SNCO of the Year and Lance P. Sijan Award nominee
2003 First Sergeant Academy Distinguished Graduate Award Winner
2003 SNCO Academy Distinguished Graduate Award Winner
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class Dec. 17, 1986
Senior Airman April 17, 1989
Staff Sergeant Dec.1, 1991
Technical Sergeant Feb. 28, 1996
Master Sergeant May 1, 2000
Senior Master Sergeant Feb.1, 2004
Chief Master Sergeant June 1, 2008
(Current as of March 2012)